A safe place to be open + honest.
I specialize in Perinatal Mental Health, which means I work with women, men and couples who are considering parenthood, are trying to conceive, are expecting and who are parenting for the first, second or third time. I understand how important it is to have a safe, non-judgmental place to share in an open and honest way what it's really like to become someone's parent- the ups and downs and everything in between.
Many of the moms and dads I see in my practice are struggling emotionally with some aspect (or many aspects) of parenthood. I help many of them sort through Perinatal Mood + Anxiety Disorders, so they can be fully engaged in life, in the way they want to be.
I work from a supportive, process-oriented perspective, encouraging families to explore their experiences with me, while assisting them in building confidence, prioritizing self-care and increasing well-being.
Home-visits offered in the East Bay! Please inquire.
Client’s Concerns Include:
– Pregnancy Loss + Termination
– Body Image
– Birth Experience + Birth Trauma + Recovery
– Adjusting to Postpartum + Parenthood
– Changing Identity
– Parenting with Partner + Intimacy
– Bonding + Attaching to Baby
– Baby Blues
– Postpartum Depression, Anxiety, OCD + PTSD
Signs + Symptoms
Anger + irritability
Lack of interest in baby
Appetite or sleep disturbance
Crying + sadness
Feelings of guilt, shame or hopelessness
Loss of interest in things that use to bring joy/pleasure
Possible (but not necessary) thoughts of harming self or baby
Feeling that something bad is going to happen
Appetite or sleep disturbance
Inability to sit still
Physical symptoms like dizziness, hot flashes + nausea
Whether you are trying to conceive, are expecting, have a new baby, or are a second or third time parent or are parenting an older child, our sessions together are a time to focus on you. It is a time to pause and take stock of what you've been through and continue to go through everyday. We'll work together to process your experiences in order to make room for new confidences and skills. Moms and dads welcome!
These sessions focus on your ever-changing relationship. We'll process what you've been through as a couple, what has changed, and what you'd like to improve upon. We'll navigate these waters together, increasing communication, intimacy and compassion and building a sense of unity and team work.
I offer therapeutic parent-coaching for parents with children of all ages.
Parent-Child Attachment Therapy
It can sometimes be challenging to feel connected to someone you just met. Parent-Child Attachment Therapy assists moms and dads in the process of attaching to baby. I utilize three modalities in this work:
1) Individual Sessions with Parent — We will process your experience, looking at what's making it difficult to attach and feel connected and build concrete skills to help you feel confident and successful as a new parent
2) Parent-Child Sessions — Parent and child will interact, after non-judgmental observation, I will offer concrete tools and skills to help you feel more comfortable and connected to your baby
3) Follow-Up Sessions — After one or both of the above is underway or completed, I offer in-person and phone follow-up sessions for parents throughout the first year of life. This assists in helping parents continue to feel supported and competent even as baby changes and grows.